The Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe (ACRE) announces the Faith and Freedom Summit: Practicing what we Preach in Europe, to take place June 28th in Brussels, at the Solvay Library.
The non-partisan summit will bring together leaders from the various fields of politics, government, academia, activism and the nonprofit sector from across Europe to propose and develop initiatives to put freedom of religion or belief in Europe into the spotlight.
- Bashy Quraishy, Secretary General of EMISCO (European Muslim Initiative for Social Cohesion)
- Aaron Rhodes, President of the Forum for Religious Freedom-Europe
- Greg Mitchell, Co-Chair, International Religious Freedom Roundtable
- Thomas Schirrmacher, President of the International Society for Human Rights
- Dr. Eli Nacht, Official Representative of International Committee of Human Rights in Israel
- Vincent Berger, Former Jurisconsult of European Court of Human Rights
The Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe is a growing European political movement founded in 2010. It has grown to become the third largest of the European political groups, counting more than 30 parties and an active family of representations in the European Parliament, Council of Europe, Committee of Regions and NATO Parliamentary Assembly.
United by center-right values expressed in the party’s Reykjavik Declaration, ACRE is dedicated to individual liberty, national sovereignty, parliamentary democracy, private property, limited government, free trade, family values and the devolution of power.
From its beginnings, the Church of Scientology has recognized that freedom of religion is a fundamental human right. In a world where conflicts are often traceable to intolerance of others’ religious beliefs and practices, the Church has, for more than 50 years, made the preservation of religious liberty an overriding concern.
The Church publishes this blog to help create a better understanding of the freedom of religion and belief and provide news on religious freedom and issues affecting this freedom around the world.